Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (King Arthur)
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Rlour (King Arthur)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Canned Organic Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Milk
- For the Sugar Coating:
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Organic Butter, melted
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar (you won’t use all of it!)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350° F. Spray either (2) 12 or (1) 24 mini muffin tins with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, pumpkin spice and cloves.
- In another large bowl whisk together the oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Using exactly 1 Tbsp, drop batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool for 2 minutes.
- Dip each muffin in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 24 mini muffins
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 6 gr
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Fat: 4 gr
- Carbohydrates: 14 gr
- Fiber: 1 gr
- Protein: 1.5 gr
- Cholesterol: 2 mg