- 2 Cups Flour (I use King Arthur unbleached)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Stick Butter, room temperature
- 3 Overripe Bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking soda).
- Mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add the eggs, vanilla, butter and sour cream.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, add chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Fill cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-23 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.