A 5 minute garlic and butter cream sauce that pairs perfectly with pasta, ravioli, shrimp, seafood or steak!
Do you need a sauce to put over pasta or shrimp or ravioli that is done in less than 5 minutes and has less than 5 ingredients!!!!
Look no further!
This garlic and butter cream sauce is restaurant worthy and has fast become one of the most popular recipes on this site.
I had these Butternut Squash Ravioli from Trader Joe’s in the freezer but kept passing them by because I had no idea what sauce to put on top of them. I don’t buy those processed Alfredo jarred sauces anymore or the ones you can make from the dry ingredients in a pouch. I find they contain too many chemicals and preservatives.
So today my husband called and said he was coming home for lunch and I literally had nothing on hand. Great! With no other choices, I decided to pull out the ravioli and just put a garlic butter sauce on it.
While I think that would have been really good too, I decided to make this one creamy instead.
It came out DELISH! We were both moaning over it.
If you have a lactose intolerance or just don’t prefer creamy type sauces, you can just omit the flour and milk and have a butter garlic sauce. I’ve made this both ways and they are both outstanding!Print
Every cook needs a staple recipe and this one is it ! A versatile garlic and butter sauce that uses few ingredients and comes together in minutes.
- 1/3 cup organic salted butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced organic garlic
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat white flour
- 1 cup organic whole milk
- pinch of dried oregano, basil and parsley
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes to cook off any raw flour taste
- Add the milk and spices stirring constantly so no lumps form, continue cooking for a few minutes until thick
- Serve over your favorite pasta
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 2.8 gr
- Sodium: 139 mg
- Fat: 17.4 gr
- Carbohydrates: 7 gr
- Fiber: .2 gr
- Protein: 2.7 gr
- Cholesterol: 50 gr
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe and hope you do too! 🙂