Here is a great summer recipe that will tickle those taste buds! I know carrot salad may not sound so appealing to the kids but you have to trust me on this one. Once they taste the sweetness of the pineapple and raisins they will be hooked!
Traditional Carrot Salad has just carrots, raisins and mayo. I decided to play around and added some diced apples, grapes and then I saw pineapple tucked away in the fridge so I added that too. Boy do these ingredients pair well together.
Other options to add in would be almonds or walnuts for some added protein.
Instead of full mayo, I did ½ mayo and ½ Greek yogurt. If you haven’t tried substituting mayo with yogurt I encourage you to give it a try. I love how the yogurt adds another layer of flavor, body and creaminess. Also please remember to buy full fat yogurt as 0% and even 2% will contain unwanted preservatives to make up for the lack of fat.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I’m invited to a cookout or family bbq, I always rummage through all my recipes to find something to bring. And then I end up in the kitchen for half the morning making it.
This Carrot Salad will not only be made, done and chilled within 15 minutes but it will be the best side dish at the party!Print
A great refreshing summer salad that is not mayo based and your vegetarian friends will love.
- 10 oz. Organic Shredded Carrots (or julienne 1 or 2 Carrots)
- ½ Cup Organic Raisins
- ½ Cup Fresh Organic Pineapple, diced
- ½ Cup Organic Apple, diced
- ¼ Cup Organic Grapes, diced
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise (give Spectrum a try)
- ¼ Cup Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine the carrots, raisins, pineapple, apple, grapes in a large bowl
- Whisk the mayo, yogurt, sugar and salt together in a small bowl and pour over the vegetables. Use a spatula or large spoon to gently mix until combined
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
Can’t get enough of our recipes?
Then why not download a copy of our EBook
19 of our Most Popular Recipes … it’s just $3.99