This Garlic and Herb Bowtie Pasta makes a tasty side dish that can be ready in 15 minutes and compliments any protein.
Garlic & Herb Bowtie Pasta
There’s nothing better than a delicious side dish to accompany a great entrée. Sometimes the side dishes outshine the main entrée in our house, especially our Parmesan Garlic Noodles. I think my kids make that a meal to be honest.
But it’s all about sides, do you agree? And the garlic, butter and cheese that coats each and every bowtie of this side dish will leave you one happy camper!
Here’s what you need:
Seasoning Mix: If you’ve ever bought a packaged side dish, it will come with a packet of spices. Here’s ours:
- Garlic & Onion Powders
- Lemon Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Bowtie Pasta – also called Farfalle pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Garlic and Herb Bow tie Pasta Side Dish:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, milk and butter to a boil.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mix along with the pasta. NOTE: The rest of the seasoning mix can be saved for future use.
- Stir and let simmer for 11 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and let stand until desired consistency. Since there is no roux with this side dish, the Parmesan cheese acts as the thickener.
You can certainly add extra ingredients to make this to your liking. Here are a few things we have tried:
- Spinach – fresh spinach chopped finely adds lots of nutrition with little effort
- Fresh Herbs – try some fresh basil or chives
- Cheese – Parmesan cheese is what this recipe calls for, but you can add a small amount of another hard shredded cheese.
- Vegetables – chopped broccoli or asparagus is the first thing that comes to mind.
Interested in more Side dishes:
- You just can’t go wrong with these Parmesan Garlic Noodles. I don’t think we would be who we are today without them!
- Potatoes Gratin Dauphinoise may sound fancy but it’s utterly ridiculous.
- Creamy Cheddar and Broccoli orzo is loved by kids as much as adults.
We hope you try this simple garlic and herb side dish and let us know what you think !Print
A creamy, buttery, garlic side dish that’s ready in less time than the boxed version. This seasoning mix makes SEVERAL side dishes. ONLY 1 Tbsp. is needed for each.
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- ½ Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- ½ Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Bowtie (Farfelle) Pasta
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅔ Cup Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Bring the water, milk and butter to a boil in a medium size pot over high heat. Reduce to low. Add 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mix and pasta. Stir and let simmer for 11 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese – stir to combine. Let stand 3-4 minutes before serving.
NOTE: This seasoning will make enough for several side dishes. It will store in a sealed container in a cool place for several weeks.