This Garlic and Herb Bowtie Pasta makes a tasty side dish that can be ready in 15 minutes and compliments any protein.
Garlic & Herb Bowtie Pasta
There’s nothing better than a delicious side dish to accompany a great entrée. Sometimes the side dishes outshine the main entrée in our house, especially our Parmesan Garlic Noodles. I think my kids make that a meal to be honest.
But it’s all about sides, do you agree? And the garlic, butter and cheese that coats each and every bowtie of this side dish will leave you one happy camper!
Here’s what you need:
Seasoning Mix: If you’ve ever bought a packaged side dish, it will come with a packet of spices. Here’s ours:
- Garlic & Onion Powders
- Lemon Pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Bowtie Pasta – also called Farfalle pasta
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Garlic and Herb Bow tie Pasta Side Dish:
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, milk and butter to a boil.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mix along with the pasta. NOTE: The rest of the seasoning mix can be saved for future use.
- Stir and let simmer for 11 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and let stand until desired consistency. Since there is no roux with this side dish, the Parmesan cheese acts as the thickener.
You can certainly add extra ingredients to make this to your liking. Here are a few things we have tried:
- Spinach – fresh spinach chopped finely adds lots of nutrition with little effort
- Fresh Herbs – try some fresh basil or chives
- Cheese – Parmesan cheese is what this recipe calls for, but you can add a small amount of another hard shredded cheese.
- Vegetables – chopped broccoli or asparagus is the first thing that comes to mind.
Interested in more Side dishes:
- You just can’t go wrong with these Parmesan Garlic Noodles. I don’t think we would be who we are today without them!
- Potatoes Gratin Dauphinoise may sound fancy but it’s utterly ridiculous.
- Creamy Cheddar and Broccoli orzo is loved by kids as much as adults.
We hope you try this simple garlic and herb side dish and let us know what you think !Print
Garlic & Herb Bowtie Pasta Side Dish
A creamy, buttery, garlic side dish that’s ready in less time than the boxed version.
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- ½ Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- ½ Tablespoon Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 ½ Cups Bowtie (Farfelle) Pasta
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅔ Cup Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Bring the water, milk and butter to a boil in a medium size pot over high heat. Reduce to low. Add 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mix and pasta. Stir and let simmer for 11 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese – stir to combine. Let stand 3-4 minutes before serving.
NOTE: This seasoning will make enough for several side dishes. It will store in a sealed container in a cool place for several weeks.
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK.
I love finding recipes that replace boxed versions. Between this recipe and your parmesan noodles I am loving making these side dishes.
Wonderful side dish – so easy to make and my family ate it all. Definite keeper!
We made this and paired it with sautéed shrimp. It was delicious. I didn’t want to make the entire seasoning to use later.
So I just cut the recipe down and added some herb de Provence at the end. We loved it.
So good! My 2 year old sat in his high chair and kept banging until I gave him a few more. Everyone loved it
This was very good. Easy to make, simple ingredients. I will make this again.
I’m so glad this mix makes more than one batch because I’ve made it several times now. My kids devour it and I can say goodbye to the boxed sh*t.
Can you cook more than 1 1/2 cups of pasta?
you can but it will become dry if you don’t increase the rest of the ingredients as well.
Just a heads up, 1 tablespoon of sea salt is like 7000mg of salt, which is almost 4 times what a person should have in a day. I’d eat lightly if making this with that much salt, or peel it back to something reasonable like a teaspoon for the entire dish.
1 tablespoon of salt is to make the seasoning mix. You then only use a tablespoon of the entire mix in the recipe. The recipe does not use the entire tablespoon of salt.
Looks Delicious. !!!!
I loved your presentation .
Great Work . Thanks for sharing .
Your post is amazing . Your have shared this amazing recipe quite nicely that it sounds so easy to make.