Creamy garlic and herb bow-tie pasta that is cooked in one pot and ready in 15 minutes!
Without question, the side dish section of our blog is the most popular with our Parmesan Garlic Noodles leading the pack for over 7 years !! However, our Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo is slowly closing in.
Side dishes are obviously a main component of any meal, and some of you may even make them completely as a vegetarian meal.
Unfortunately the packaged side dishes you find in the supermarket almost always contain MSG. Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is a flavor enhancer added to thousands of foods you and your family regularly eat. It’s also one of the worst food additives on the market.
It is an excitotoxin, which means it overexcites your cells to the point of damage or death. A lot of people complain of headaches after consuming Chinese food for dinner and the consumption of MSG would be the reason.
Well we have received tons of emails requesting us to focus on more side dishes that steer away from the additives so today we are happy to announce our Garlic and Herb Bow-tie pasta ! 🙂
So as the name implies it’s mainly made from garlic and salt and parsley and a few other spices. The seasoning comes together in 5 minutes and there is enough to make a few side dishes. I just put the rest in a small sealed container in my pantry to make this side dish even faster next time.
- I made this a few times without any thickener and as much as the pasta cooked and most of the liquid was absorbed, it was still runny even after 10 minutes of sitting. The packaged versions either have cornstarch or Maltodextrin as a thickener.
- There is a small amount of flour in there to act as a thickener as it’s cooking. There really is no way around this otherwise you end up with runny watered down milk on your plate.
- Salt is a personal issue and some people are very sensitive to it. There is a sufficient amount of salt in this seasoning, however, as always, I encourage you to taste it as it’s cooking as add more seasonings if necessary.
We hope you try this simple garlic and herb side dish and let us know what you think !Print
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Bowtie (Farfelle) Pasta
- 1 Cup Water
- 2/3 Cup Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Bring the water, milk and butter to a boil in a medium size pot over high heat. Reduce to low. Add 1 Tablespoon of the seasoning mix and pasta. Stir and let simmer for 11 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese – stir to combine. Let stand 3-4 minutes before serving.
NOTE: This seasoning will make enough for several side dishes. It will store in a sealed container in a cool place for several weeks.
PIN IT FOR LATER!