The classic comfort food from your childhood made from scratch without the boxed preservatives. Done in 30 minutes!
There aren’t many things I can promise, but one thing I can …. this beef stroganoff dinner is
on the table in under 30 minutes!
This is a one pan, easy peasy, weeknight dinner that we all need in our menu rotation!
For over a century big name brands such as General Mills (maker of such products as Hamburger Helper), Kellogg’s and Campbells have stocked most American shelves for a quick dinner and did so very profitably for a long time.
However, times they are a changing and more and more Americans are opting for foods with fewer ingredients, less preservatives and better quality. Today these moguls are struggling financially as these changes sweep our nation.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t still have the same comfort food we grew up with. We just have to make it at home from scratch. And this homemade hamburger helper copy cat recipe will leave you full, satisfied and it might even bring you back to when you were a kid.
I promise you, this meal is done in under 30 minutes – which is the EXACT same time it took me to make the boxed version.Print
Forget the boxed powdered mix and make your own version of Hamburger Helper in under 30 minutes!
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
¼ Cup Organic Onion, finely chopped
½ tsp Organic Garlic, minced
1 lb Organic Ground Beef
8 ounces Wide Egg Noodles
2 Cups Organic Milk
1 ½ Cups Organic Beef Stock
1 Tablespoon Organic Cornstarch (or Arrowroot)
1 teaspoon Sea Salt (optional)
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ tsp chili powder
⅔ Cup Organic Sour Cream
- Heat a large skillet over med/high heat and add the oil. When its hot add the onion, ground beef and garlic. Break up the beef as it cooks with a fork into small pieces. Cook until the beef is browned. Drain
- Sprinkle the cornstarch over the meat mixture – stir to combine
- Add the milk and heat to boiling, while stirring
- Add the beef broth, spices and noodles
- Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook (stirring frequently) for 10-12 min or until noodles are tender.
- Take it off the heat and add the sour cream, stir to combine and serve immediately.
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on Pinterest.