The classic comfort food from your childhood made from scratch without the boxed preservatives. Done in 30 minutes!
As the chilly winter weather begins to take hold, there’s something undeniably comforting about a warm, hearty meal. And what could be cozier than a pot of Homemade Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff? This dish takes me back to those childhood days when a simple yet satisfying and filling dinner was all we needed.
Ingredients for Beef Stroganoff
- Ground Beef
- Onion & Garlic
- Wide Egg Noodles
- Beef stock, Milk, Sour Cream
- Cornstarch (or Arrowroot)
- Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Chili Powder
How to Make Beef Stroganoff:
- Sauté the chopped onions and minced garlic in a large skillet. Add the ground beef to brown.
- While the beef cooks, prepare wide egg noodles in a separate pot, following package instructions.
- In a separate pot, mix the milk with beef stock and add a Tablespoon of cornstarch (or arrowroot) to thicken the sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder.
- Finish by stirring in the sour cream to create a creamy masterpiece.
- Easy Beefaroni Skillet Lasagna: A quick and savory twist on classic lasagna, this easy one-skillet recipe combines ground beef, pasta, and rich tomato sauce for a comforting meal.
- One-Skillet Cheesy Ground Turkey Pasta: This dish is a family favorite with ground turkey, pasta, and a luscious cheese sauce all cooked in a single skillet, making it a breeze to prepare and a joy to devour.
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet: Experience the flavors of a cheeseburger in a delightful pasta dish. Ground beef, macaroni, and a cheesy sauce come together in one skillet for a meal that’s both convenient and delicious.
HOMEMADE HAMBURGER HELPER GROUND STROGANOFF
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER board!
Forget the boxed powdered mix and make your own version of Hamburger Helper in under 30 minutes!
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
¼ Cup Onion, finely chopped
½ teaspoon Garlic, minced
1 lb. Ground Beef
8 ounces Wide Egg Noodles
2 Cups Whole Milk
1 ½ Cups Beef Stock
1 Tablespoon Organic Cornstarch (or Arrowroot)
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ tsp chili powder
⅔ Cup Sour Cream
- Heat a large skillet over med/high heat and add the oil. When its hot add the onion, ground beef and garlic. Break up the beef as it cooks with a fork into small pieces. Cook until the beef is browned. Drain
- Sprinkle the cornstarch over the meat mixture – stir to combine
- Add the milk and heat to boiling, while stirring
- Add the beef broth, spices and noodles
- Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook (stirring frequently) for 10-12 min or until noodles are tender.
- Take it off the heat and add the sour cream, stir to combine and serve immediately.