- 2–3 chicken breasts (flattened softly with a mallet between wax paper)
- 1 pkg soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 2 Tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 large white or Vidalia onion
- 2 red peppers
- 2–3 celery stalks
- 2 zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3–4 plum tomatoes
- 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the peppers, onions, zucchini, tomatoes, and celery into similar sized chunky pieces. Keep the tomatoes and zucchini separate.
- Loosen the skin of the chicken and form a pocket. Stuff a little of the cheese in each of the breasts. Set aside.
- Put a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium/high heat for a minute or two. Get the pan hot. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté the onions, peppers and celery approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and garlic and saute for another 2-3 min.
- Stir in the tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.
- Nestle the chicken on top of the veggies and sprinkle with the oregano, thyme and paprika. Season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle a little more olive oil on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30-35 min or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.