FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 1/2 Cup Organic Shallot, chopped
- 4 Cloves Organic Garlic, chopped
- 1 Adobo Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce (from the can)
- 1 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Organic Chicken Breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- Cilantro Lime Rice (get recipe here)
- Shredded Organic Lettuce
- Sauteed Organic Onions and Peppers
- Roasted Organic Corn
- Organic Black Beans
- Diced Organic Tomatoes
- Guacamole/Salsa/Sour Cream/Shredded Cheese
FOR THE MARINADE:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (EXCEPT THE OIL) and pulse until smooth. Drizzle the oil in until combined.
- Cut the chicken into 1″ pieces and place in a glass bowl. Add marinade and stir. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until very hot. You should not need oil as there is already oil in the marinade, however you may need to add a little just to coat the pan. Place enough of the chicken in the pan that is not crowded. You may need to do this in at least 2 batches. Do not turn the chicken until the sides have turned white and there is just a little pink in the center. This will result in a great char. Cook until no longer pink.
- To make the burrito bowl, layer shredded lettuce, rice, onions and peppers, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese.