Now you don’t have to wait for your next trip to Chipotle to get your favorite burrito bowl, you can make it at home with the most delicious chicken on the planet !
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 1/2 Cup Shallot, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Adobo Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce (from the can)
- 1 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- Cilantro Lime Rice (get recipe here)
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sauteed Onions and Peppers
- Roasted Corn
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Guacamole/Salsa/Sour Cream/Shredded Cheese
FOR THE MARINADE:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (EXCEPT THE OIL) and pulse until smooth. Drizzle the oil in until combined.
- Cut the chicken into 1″ pieces and place in a glass bowl. Add marinade and stir. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until very hot. You should not need oil as there is already oil in the marinade, however you may need to add a little just to coat the pan. Place enough of the chicken in the pan that is not crowded. You may need to do this in at least 2 batches. Do not turn the chicken until the sides have turned white and there is just a little pink in the center. This will result in a great char. Cook until no longer pink.
- To make the burrito bowl, layer shredded lettuce, rice, onions and peppers, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese.