Not Your Mama’s Greenbeans
- 1 – 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1–2 Tablespoons Craisins
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1–2 Tablespoons fresh feta cheese
Dijon Maple Sauce
- 1–2 teaspoons PURE maple syrup, no fake stuff!
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pecans on a small baking sheet and roast for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, mustard, vinegar and salt and pepper, Set aside
- Boil some water in a saucepan, put the green beans in a colander and place in the pot, cover and let steam for 8-10 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce the beans.
- Meanwhile, sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter over low heat to soften.
- When the beans are done add them to the shallots.
- Add the dijon mustard sauce and stir to coat.
- Plate the beans and top with the pecans, slivered almonds, feta cheese and Craisins.