#1 recipe on our website for over 6 years! This recipe is a simple combination of 7 ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. Best part, it’s ready in 10 minutes.
Have you ever had those garlic noodles from the box? The ones with the angel hair? I think Rice-a-Roni makes them. Well, that’s what these garlic parmesan noodles taste like, only better.
It shouldn’t surprise me that a recipe this simple has been at the top of our website for over 6 years. It’s pure comfort food. It’s simple. It’s fast. It cooks in one pot, including the pasta.
What’s not to like?
The sauce is made with just 7 simple ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. The pasta is cooked in the sauce so the starch from the pasta will naturally thicken the sauce as it stands.
These parmesan garlic noodles are the ULTIMATE comfort food!
Feel free to substitute the angel hair pasta with your favorite pasta. Whole wheat shells are a great choice because the creamy sauce gets all up inside the shells!Print
This recipe is a simple combination of 7 ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. A perfect side dish!
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 5–6 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Box Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Half and Half (or Whole Milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1–2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped fine
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to directions.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add the half and half (or milk) and parsley.
- Add more cream or milk if necessary.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to continue thickening.
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 😀