These Parmesan Garlic Noodles are a spin off of the favorite boxed noodle with 7 staple ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. Best part, they’re ready in 10 minutes!
Do you remember those boxed noodles from Rice a Roni your mom may have made, or perhaps you’ve made them too? I used to eat them all the time!
Well, we’ve recreated them using angel hair pasta, which is a super fast cooking pasta, along with some oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese (not bagged or packaged), broth and cream.
The beat part about this side dish is the pasta cooks IN THE broth and cream. Yes, you read that right. Everything goes in ONE pot, no draining required.
The pasta will continue to absorb the liquid AFTER your timer goes off, so I find making these noodles right before dinner is ready works best. I set them aside and put a lid on top until dinner is ready and all the liquid has been absorbed and the noodles are perfect!
I do have 2 tips for you though:
- Gently simmer the noodles. Do not boil the pasta at a rapid boil. It changes the pasta. A simmer is all that is needed. Stir it frequently also to break up any noodles that might stick.
- The pasta needs to stand for 5 minutes or so after cooking to give it time to thicken and continue to soak up the sauce.
These parmesan garlic noodles are the ULTIMATE comfort food!
We love to hear from you, please leave us a comment below.Print
This recipe is a simple combination of 7 ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. A perfect side dish!
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 5–6 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- ½ Box Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ Cup Half and Half (or Whole Milk)
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1–2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped fine
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to directions.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add the half and half (or milk) and parsley.
- Add more cream or milk if necessary.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to continue thickening.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min