This recipe is a combination of simple staple 7 ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. Best part, it’s ready in 10 minutes.
With food shortages happening all over the country it’s become even more evident that making simple side dishes from scratch can come in quite handy. Take these parmesan noodles for instance. They are really just a few simple staple ingredients.
So if you are one of those people staring at the empty shelves that once had dozens of boxes of rice and pasta packets, don’t fear. We’ve got you!
This side dish consists of angel hair pasta, nice and thin, it cooks in 4 minutes ~ along with some olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. The pasta is cooked IN the sauce. One pot magic.
- Do not violently boil the pasta -no pasta should endure that kind of stress. It changes the pasta. A simmer is all that is needed. Stir it frequently also to break up any noodles that might stick.
- The pasta needs to stand for 5 minutes or so after cooking allowing it to thicken and continue to soak up the sauce.
These parmesan garlic noodles are the ULTIMATE comfort food!
Feel free to substitute the angel hair pasta with a different one if you can’t find it in the store. It’s ok to experiment and find alternatives these days. Small or medium shells are a great choice so the sauce can get inside or a fat egg noodle perhaps.
Let us know how it works for you!Print
This recipe is a simple combination of 7 ingredients ~ olive oil, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, broth & cream. A perfect side dish!
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 5–6 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Box Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Half and Half (or Whole Milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1–2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped fine
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to directions.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add the half and half (or milk) and parsley.
- Add more cream or milk if necessary.
- Let stand for 5 minutes to continue thickening.
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 😀