This pasta sauce doesn’t use regular tomatoes, its flavor is intensified with sundried tomatoes, fresh garlic and basil and combined with mascarpone cheese and parmesan cheese for the most epic sauce ever!
- 6 oz. Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in oil (save 1 Tbsp oil)
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 Bunch Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste + 2 Tablespoons water combined
- 3 Tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1–2 Cups Pasta Water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (if necessary)
- 1 Box Rigatoni Pasta
- Cook the rigatoni pasta in a large pot of water until al dente.
- In a food processor, pulse the sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, and basil until smooth, setting it aside for later use.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions in 1 tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato oil until translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add more sun-dried tomato oil or regular olive oil if needed. Stir in the tomato puree and cook for one more minute. Finally, add the mascarpone cheese.
- Transfer the mixture back to the food processor and puree until smooth. Return it to the skillet and scoop out ½ cup of pasta water. Whisk or stir, adding another ½ cup once it is fully incorporated. Continue to thin out the sauce to your desired consistency by adding ¼ cup increments of pasta water.
- Drain the cooked rigatoni and add it to the sauce, mixing well to coat each piece. Stir in the Parmesan cheese for added creaminess.
- Serve the creamy rigatoni with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and extra shaved Parmesan cheese for a delightful finishing touch.