This pasta sauce doesn’t use regular tomatoes, its flavor is intensified with sundried tomatoes, fresh garlic and basil and combined with mascarpone cheese and parmesan cheese for the most epic sauce ever!
- 6 oz. Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in oil (save 1 Tbsp oil)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 Bunch Organic Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Organic Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste + 2 Tablespoons water combined
- 3 Tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1–2 Cups Pasta Water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (if necessary)
- 1 Box Rigatoni Pasta
- Begin by filling a large pot with water and cook the pasta until al dente
- At the same time, pulse the sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth and basil in a food processor until smooth. Keep it in there for the next step.
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions in 1 Tablespoon of the sun dried tomato oil until translucent. Add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add more sun dried oil or regular olive oil if necessary. Add the tomato puree and cook another minute. Add the mascarpone.
- Transfer to the food processor and puree until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan and scoop out 1/2 cup pasta water. Whisk or stir, adding another 1/2 cup once it is incorporated. Continue to thin out by 1/4 cup increments to your desired consistency.
- Drain and add the rigatoni and finish by stirring through the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with fresh parsley and extra shaved Parmesan cheese.