Don’t you just love those little red potatoes you get at a wedding? ME TOO! And they NEVER serve enough, do they?
Well this recipe is nothing like that. I just thought I’d ask if you loved them as much as I do.
I’m just kidding, because I actually like these oven roasted red potatoes BETTER! I know this is almost unimaginable. But it’s true! This is probably the most loved side dish in my house!
Let me introduce you to the Cast of Characters:
Red Potatoes, Butter, Parmesan Cheese, Sea Salt & Pepper, Fresh Parsley.
After you make these potatoes this way, it just may become your most favorite way to make them ever too. I know this is a very tall promise, but I’m THAT confident.
Side dishes (IMO) shouldn’t be stressful or complicated. They should enhance your dinner by their simplicity.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is for an entire tray of potatoes you will only need 3 Tablespoons of butter and 3 Tablespoons of cheese. that’s it! Any more and it’s too much.
The potatoes get to crisp up in the oven without drowning in butter. It’s just enough to keep them from sticking to the pan (or Silpat) and just enough to nicely brown them and give them that crispy crust.
Try them ~ trust me!Print
Crunchy on the outside yet tender on the inside. These baby red potatoes are roasted in the oven freeing up your stove to make a tasty entrée.
- 6–7 Small Red Potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parm Cheese
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F .
- Wash and dry potatoes and cut them in half (or quarters if they are larger).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet with a rim. Pour the melted butter on the pan and spread it out.
- Sprinkle the cheese, salt, pepper and parsley on top of the butter and place the potatoes face down in the butter and seasonings.
- Bake for approx 20-25 min, turning once if they are getting too brown.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes