I hope everyone had a great weekend and got out to enjoy the beautiful fall days we’re having now. I for one am glad the heat is finally gone. Why? Because I have been
DYING to make Chili.
But this recipe is the regular traditional kind, with beef and beans. While there are 9,874,003 chili recipes in the world (some that call for everything from bison to steak to sausage in it),
I for one don’t have the time (nor the desire) to spend hours making it.
If you are looking for a straight forward, no-frills-but-fill-your-tummy-with-delicious-comfort-food-chili-recipe, then this is your recipe.
This is a much meatier chili recipe that uses only 1 can of red kidney beans. That’s because my kids don’t like them, but feel free to add another can or another variety. But since I’ve been making it this way I like it better. Maybe you will too.
Also, my new favorite way to serve it is over a nice soft baked potato. I cut it down the center and squeeze it with four fingers so it kind of pushes out the center and I pour
a little a TON of chili on top of it.
a little LOT of shredded cheese, a dollop a truck load of sour cream and don’t regret it for one single second
If a baked potato isn’t your thing … no worries. There is always the ever faithful cornbread. I crumble it up and put it on TOP of the chili and use a big spoon to dive right in! I have a Gluten Free recipe that I use or you can just keep it simple with some saltine crackers or even put it inside a big ole’ bread bowl !!!!
Whatever you do, however you eat it, chili just can’t be beat in the fall and winter for that comfort, warmth and to fill up that belly! 🙂Print
- 2 lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Quart Tomato Juice (preferably low/no salt)
- 1 (29 oz) Can Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) Organic Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Onion, diced
- 1 Organic Green Pepper (or red)
- 2 Stalks Organic Celery
- 1 Organic Jalapeno Pepper (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Organic Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a large stockpot, over med/high heat, cook the ground beef, crumbling as it cooks into small pieces.
- Remove the beef with a slotted spoon into a large bowl and drain the remaining grease
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and saute the onions, peppers and celery over low heat until softened, approx. 4 min
- Add all the spices and stir to combine. Cooking them before any liquid will release their aroma
- Add the tomato juice, crushed tomatoes and beans
- Simmer over very low heat for a minimum of 30 minutes and up to 3 hours for more flavor
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂