Tomato Basil Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- freshly grated Parmigiano reggiano cheese, for garnish
- Season chicken breasts with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to your skillet.
- Add the chicken and cook until it’s about 3/4 done, meaning you’ll see the edges of the chicken turn white with just a little pink left on the top middle. This will ensure a good sear.
- Flip the chicken over and add in the fresh tomatoes that you have chopped up.
- Next, add the fresh basil, the cold butter, and the minced garlic
- Garnish with shredded cheese