Tomato, Cucumber and Mozzarella Salad is a wonderfully light and refreshing summer salad that pairs beautifully with any grilled summer entrée, from chicken to burgers.
As many of you already know, I love summer salads that don’t have a lot of mayonnaise in them. I just tire of them after a while and find them to be on the heavier side. I prefer something lighter these days like our Mediterranean Chickpea & Feta Salad or one of my favorites is the Lemon Garlic Kale Salad.
This tomato, cucumber and mozzarella salad has much more than just those ingredients, like diced avocado and crisp red onion. It comes together in a simple red wine and balsamic vinaigrette and is one of the most delicious combinations in the heart of the summer when tomatoes and basil are at their peak.
- Vine ripened cherry or grape tomatoes
- English cucumber
- Diced avocado
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Fresh basil leaves
The Vinaigrette couldn’t be simpler:
- Good quality Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
How to Make The Salad:
This deliciously fresh and clean summer dish comes together in minutes.
- Just halve the cherry tomatoes, cut the mozzarella (if it doesn’t come in little round balls known as Bocconcini), the red onion and basil and place them in a small bowl.
- Shake up the vinaigrette and toss together. Dice the avocado just before serving.
- It’s that simple. The flavors each on their own are so robust and together are just magnificent.
What Dishes Pair Well with This Salad?
- Grilled Shrimp – an entrée that comes together just about as fast as the salad does!
- Grilled Jerk Chicken – there’s so much flavor in this chicken
- Huli Huli Chicken – if you close your eyes you’ll think you’re in Hawaii eating this chicken.
- Healthy Broccoli Salad and Pearl Couscous Salad are great side dishes that pair well also.
Make Ahead and Storage:
- To Make Ahead: Prepare the salad (minus the avocado) and the vinaigrette. Store separately and when ready to serve.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Want to see a cool hack? Watch this!
Did you know there is this genius shortcut for cutting a bunch of cherry tomatoes in half? And here I was cutting them up one by one !
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook and Pinterest!Print
Tomato, Cucumber and Mozzarella Cheese Salad.
- 1 ½ Cups Organic Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Organic English Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 Organic Avocado – diced
- 4 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese– cubed
- 2 teaspoons Organic Red Onion, diced
- Handful of Organic Fresh Basil or Parsley
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons Oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop up the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, mozzarella (if it doesn’t come in small round balls) and basil. Add to a large bowl.
- Whisk (or shake in a mason jar) the olive oil, vinegars, oregano, salt and black pepper. Pour over the salad and refrigerate until really chilled.
- Just before serving dice up the avocado and gently toss in.
Easy, refreshing and perfect for summer. Keeps well in fridge for an extra day or two (minus avocados) but rarely lasts that long because it gets eaten up quickly!
Can i use feta cheese instead of mozza?
This looks so delicious
I can’t wait to make it!
The flavors in this salad are so fresh and crisp and in season. Very light side dish. We love this recipe