- 1 cup all-purpose flour (try and get unbromated and unbleached, King Arthur makes one)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Combine the flours, sugar, salt and baking powder together in a semi large bowl.
- Pour oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and then just enough milk to fill the cup.
- Combine with the flour mixture and add the applesauce and carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Bake with lined muffin tins in the oven for approx. 20 min