- 2 mini eggplants (peeled and sliced)
- fresh organic mozzarella cheese (or Buffalo cheese)
- Vine ripened beefsteak tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Quality balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- After slicing the eggplant put it on a plate or paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let it sit for 20 min. Rinse off and pat dry
- Dip the eggplant in the egg and then the breadcrumbs
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan. Just enough to coat the bottom and let it heat up until if you sprinkle water on it it will spit.
- Add your eggplant and fry 3-4 min on each side.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar onto a plate and layer the tomatoes, cheese, basil and eggplant
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post