- 1 1/2 Cups No Salt Canned Chickpeas
- 1/3 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder *
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda *
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt *
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
- 4–5 Tablespoons Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips or Cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (275 degrees C).
- Line an 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Rinse, drain, and dry chickpeas on paper towel.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, chia seeds and salt.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Add in the coconut flour, and almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time as needed and process again at high speed to blend evenly. The dough will be on the dry side.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips or cocoa nibs. Be sure to set some aside to sprinkle on top of the blondie after it is removed from the oven.
- Using a spatula or your hands, press the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Add a few more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake on the center rack for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with chocolate chips immediately after removing from oven, spreading with a knife as they melt.
- Allow the brownies to cool for approximately 15 minutes in the pan before removing from the pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- Regular baking powder will add 240 mg of sodium per 1/2 tsp.
Regular baking soda will add 314 mg of sodium per 1/4 tsp.
Regular salt will add 1,150 mg of sodium per 1/2 tsp.
- The total pan of brownies has 1447 mg of sodium or 9 bars with 158 mg each
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American