This decadent crab bisque is full of real crab meat, seasoned perfectly and thickened with cream. For an extra layer of flavor and depth, sherry is added at the end.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Chicken Base
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream, warmed
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk, warmed and separated 1 cup and 1/2 cup
- 8 oz REAL Canned Crabmeat
- 1/2 Cup Sherry
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over med/low heat.
- When melted, add the onion and cook until the onion is tender, but not browned, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper. Let the flour cook for at least a minute to burn off any raw flour taste. Add the chicken base and stir to combine.
- Slowly add 1 cup of the warmed milk and all of the heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Once all the ingredients of the soup are combined, add the crab and cook on low for 5 minutes until thick, stirring often.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk and the sherry and slowly stir to warm through.
- Serve warm or hot in a bowl with a side of oyster crackers