Deviled Eggs are a party favorite. But this simple appetizer can be even more irresistible with a creamy twist.
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, soft at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chives
- pinch of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and paprika
- Place the eggs in a large pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring the water JUST to a boil over high heat. Cover the eggs and remove the pot from the heat. Let them sit for 15-17 minutes. Place the eggs in a colander, and rinse them under cold running water to stop the cooking. Place in the fridge to continue cooling if not peeling immediately.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the yolk and place in a bowl and mash the yolks with the back of a fork until they are all crumbly.
- Add the mayo, mustard, butter, chives, salt and peppers and combine until incorporated.
- Put the filling mixture in a piping bag or Ziploc bag (cut a small hole if using a Ziploc) and pipe into each egg half.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Serving Size – 2 Deviled Eggs ~ Calories 122; Fat 10.2 gr; Cholesterol 190 mg; Sodium 153.9 mg; Carbs .4 gr; Fiber o gr; Sugar .2 gr; Protein 6.4 gr