- 2 Cups Organic Orzo
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken or Vegetable stock, or water
- 4 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 1/4 Cup Organic Onion, diced very small
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves, pressed or minced
- 3/4 Cup Grated Organic Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Organic Half and Half
- 2–3 Tbsp. Chopped Organic Parsley or Basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
TO MAKE THE ORZO:
- Begin by heating about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, let it warm up for about a minute. Add the orzo and lightly stir it around the pan so it toasts, this will give the orzo a nutty flavor. When the orzo starts to turn golden in color, add the broth or water starting with just 1/2 cup. Let the orzo absorb the liquid entirely, then add the rest. Give it a stir, bring to a quick boil and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Add the butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once it’s melted add the chopped onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Let that simmer for about 2-3 minutes until it softens. Add the half and half, cheese and parsley (or basil). Season again with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust.
- Add the creamy garlic sauce to the cooked orzo and stir. Serve warm.