A fail proof, no brainer, easy side dish that takes no effort to make yet adds tons of flavor to boring rice and the added benefit of turmeric to your diet !
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a medium sized saucepan. Add the turmeric, garlic, cumin and cinnamon.
- Add the rice to the pot and cook (stirring occasionally) for about 2 minutes to slightly toast or brown the rice.
- Very carefully add the chicken broth and the bay leaf to the pot. Stir. Place a lid on it, increase the heat to high and bring it to a boil. As SOON as it reaches a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and let the rice simmer for 20 minutes. Do NOT lift the lid.
- After it simmers, turn the heat off and let the rice set for 10 min (again do NOT lift the lid).
- Fluff with a fork and serve!
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post
All nutrition information is approximate:
Calories 72.6; Fat 2.6 gr; Cholesterol 5.2 mg; Sodium 126 mg; Carb 11.5 gr; Fiber .7 gr; Sugar .3 gr; Protein 1.6 gr