- 1/2 lb. Farfalle pasta (2 cups)
- 3 slices Low Sodium No Nitrate Bacon, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Onion, diced small
- 3–4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Half and Half (or 1 Cup Whole milk, 1 Cup Heavy cream)
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH dried rosemary, sage, oregano, red chili flakes, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta until al dente in a large saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Cook the bacon until crispy in a large skillet. Set aside on paper towels. Wipe pan clean.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Add the onion and sauté until softened. Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and garlic. Stir to combine for 30 seconds. Add the milk, rosemary, sage, salt, oregano, chili flakes, and black pepper. Add the cream cheese. Once melted, add the Parmesan cheese.
- Lastly, add the pumpkin.
- Stir occasionally over low heat (just a simmer) until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to combine, adding pasta water to thin and combine.
- Serve hot with shaved parmesan on top.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American