The most delicious Asian short ribs you will ever have!
- 6–8 short ribs, trimmed (bone in) cut in half (fat and short, not long)
- 1 Medium Onion, sliced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger (either from a tube or fresh)
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Tamari (organic soy sauce)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Chile Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Combine the beef broth, tamari, brown sugar, rice vinegar, chile paste and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Generously season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Then dust lightly with flour. Add the short ribs (in batches) to the pan and brown on all side (approx 2 min per side). Transfer ribs to a plate.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed and add the onion. Cook over medium heat until softened. Add the garlic for 1 minute more.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the liquid and combine it with 2 Tablespoons cornstarch. Stir until well combined – return to the pan. Stir.
- Add the ribs back into the Dutch oven. Remove from the heat and place them (covered with lid on) in a preheated oven at 325°F for 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until the meat pulls away from the bone.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or polenta.