A healthy, nutrient packed alternative to rice that goes great with any entrée
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Shallots, diced
- ½ Tbsp. Italian herbs (or 1 tsp oregano, parsley and basil)
- ½ teaspoon Sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Diced Scallions
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Grate the cauliflower using a food processor or a box grater, removing the harder stems and the leaves. Set aside.
- Heat a big skillet with olive oil. Once warm, add the shallots and garlic to the pan and sauté until the shallot softens.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir continuously for 5 minutes or until cauliflower starts to reduce. The cauliflower begin to turn yellow and tender. Add herbs, diced scallions, ground pepper and salt.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice and slivered almonds, if using.