Most bakery or store bought muffins are filled with sugar and carbs – no way to start your day. These gluten free muffins have been redesigned with you and your health in mind. We hope you enjoy them!
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- ⅔ Cups Sugar (for Keto substitute 1/3 cup Erythritol)
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Neutral Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ Cup Chocolate chips (for Keto use Lily’s baking chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F, and line a muffin tray with 8 muffin tins. Set aside.
- Divide the eggs from the yolks. Take a medium-size bowl and mix the egg yolks with oil, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. The result will be a crumbly mixture.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until firm picks form a meringue in a different bowl. To know if the meringue is ready, turn the bowl upside down; it should fall or move at all.
- Transfer ½ of the meringue into the crumbly mixture and gently mix. Then, fold in the rest until well combined.
- Next, fold in the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Then, divide the batter into eight muffin tins.
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 27 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is nicely brownish.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking