Boneless skinless chicken breasts that have been bathed in a thick marinade of Greek yogurt, oil, lemon, garlic and spices, then threaded on skewers with some onions and peppers makes these grilled chicken kebabs an easy and healthy weeknight dinner winner.
FOR THE MARINADE:
- 1 Cup Whole Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (just shy), plus wedges for serving
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 Medium Organic Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
FOR THE KEBOBS:
- 3 Boneless Organic Chicken Breasts (and/or Thighs), cut into 2″ chunks
- 2 Organic Red Peppers, seeded and cut into large cubes
- 1 Organic Onion, cut into large slices
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Add the chicken and massage through with your hands to fully coat. Refrigerate for no more than 2 hours or the acid in the lemon can start to toughen the chicken.
- Preheat a grill to 400° F
- Thread the chicken onto metal skewers (or wooden ones that have been soaked) alternating with as many peppers/onions as you like.
- Grill the chicken approximately 4 minutes per side, turning over or removing to a cooler side of the grill if they begin to burn.
These Chicken Kebabs go great served alongside our Greek Salad, Layered Hummus, Tzatziki sauce and Naan bread.