FOR THE MARINADE:
- 3 Scallions, ends trimmed and cut in 3 pieces
- 4 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Habanero pepper, stem removed
- 1-inch piece Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Light brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Minced fresh thyme, or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat and cut into ¾-inch cubes
CREAMY CILANTRO LIME RANCH DRESSING (yields 1 1/2 cups)
- ½ Cup Sour cream
- ½ Cup Mayo
- ½ Cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Fresh lime zest, or more to taste
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 Scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Optional Garnish Ideas:
- Scallion, thinly sliced
- Scotch bonnet pepper or habanero pepper, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
FOR THE KEBOBS:
- Add the ingredients of the marinade to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop everything up a bit, and then process until it turns into a chunky sauce with a consistency similar to runny salsa.
- Add the chicken and the sauce to a large bowl and toss well to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours, but up to 24 hours.
- 20 minutes before you want to cook the chicken, soak 6 wooden skewers in water (to help prevent them from catching on fire). Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Thread the chicken onto the 6 skewers. Grill the skewers until the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. When the chicken is fully cooked, there should be no pink in the center, and it should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve the chicken skewers topped with any garnishes you like, along with Creamy Cilantro Lime Ranch for dipping.
FOR THE DIP:
- Whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Serve, or store covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min