Ham Tetrazzini (no canned soups)
- 1/2 Cup Organic Onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons (or 2 cloves) Organic Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Organic Half and Half (or 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup heavy cream)
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 a box of Cooked Thin Spaghetti (16 oz box)
- 1 Cup Ham Steak, cut up and cubed
- 1/2 Cup Organic Frozen Peas
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter is melted add the onion and saute approximately 2-3 minutes or until it softens. Add the garlic and cook and stir for anoterh 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and garlic, stir. Slowly add the chicken broth and whisk. Add the half and half, then finally the cheese. Continue to stir as the cheese is melting.
- Add the ham and peas and spaghetti. If the sauce is too thick, add a tablespoon of milk at a time to desired consistency.