Lemon zucchini bread that is much lower in saturated fat and calories due to the addition of light olive oil and applesauce.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda and Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Zest and Juice from 1 Large Lemon
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini (use the large holes on a box grater and lightly ring in paper towels)
For The Glaze:
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1–2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F – line a 9×4 loaf pan with parchment paper big enough to fall over the sides. We will use this to ‘lift’ the bread out of the pan after it cools.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add the sugar and lemon zest. Rub between your fingers until fragrant. Add the egg, oil, applesauce, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the zucchini and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake on the center rack for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once the bread has completely cooled, drizzle the glaze on top.