- 1 1/4 Cups Warm Water (105–110 degrees)
- 2 tsp. Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 pkg Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Instant Coffee
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Salted Butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup Organic Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Molasses
- Begin by adding 1 1/4 cups warm water to a measuring cup. The water MUST be between 105-110° in order for the yeast to activate. Use the microwave in 20 sec increments to help get the water as accurate as possible. Add the yeast and sugar. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, sift the flours, cocoa powder, coffee and salt together in a large bowl
- Add the yeast mixture to a Kitchen Aid and beginning on low speed start adding the flour mixture 1 cup at a time letting it incorporate, stopping and scraping down the sides when necessary. Add the butter intermittently along with the honey and molasses. Add flour by the tablespoon if the dough is sticking or not forming into a ball. Continue mixing until the dough completely pulls away from the sides – approx. 5 minutes
- Remove the dough to a floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it is smooth
- Lightly oil a large bowl with oil and coat the dough, flip and cover with a clean towel – set aside in a warm spot to rise for 60-90 minutes or until doubled in size
- Remove the dough to a floured surface and using a pizza cutter divide the dough into 6 sections. Form it into a small ball or a log shape.
- Place each of the balls or logs onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cover it lightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise for another 60 minutes.
- Once ready, remove the plastic wrap and bake the dough in a preheated 350°F oven for 27-30 minutes for loaves or about 20 minutes for smaller rolls.