Beautiful fresh Chesapeake crab meat, just enough binders to hold it together and a hint of Old Bay is all it takes to make these glorious crab cakes.
- 1 lb Backfin or Lump Crab Meat
- 1 lb Claw Crabmeat
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup crushed crackers (start with 1/4 cup and add if necessary)
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Organic Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from ½ Organic Lemon
- Gently fold the crabmeat, crackers, Old Bay and parsley together, being careful not to shred the crab meat. Cover with damp paper towels and store in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crabmeat mixture and using your hands, GENTLY fold it all together. Do not overmix or handle the crab roughly.
- Portion the crab into 4 oz mounds and gently shape like a baseball, patting every so lightly and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the crab is gone and lightly sprinkle them with Old Bay seasoning.
- When ready to cook, preheat the broiler and broil 10 minutes or until crab cakes are golden brown.