There are no better garlic knots than New York garlic knots and I’ve simplified this recipe for you even more by using store bought pizza dough, but go ahead and use your own dough or get it from a pizza place. All 3 will work!
- 1 Can Pizza dough
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 3–6 Cloves of Garlic, minced (depends how garlicky you want them!)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano & Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, Parmesan Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open the canned dough and lay it flat. Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut the dough into quarters, then cut each quarter vertically into 4 strips, Giving you 16 strips. Tie each strip into a knot shape, tucking the ends underneath each roll.
- Bake the knots (without the butter) for 6-8 minutes or until visibly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and oil together either in a small saucepan or in the microwave. Once melted, add the garlic and stir until fragrant being careful not to burn it (30 seconds) Pour this into a large bowl. Set aside.
- When the knots are out of the oven place them in the bowl with the melted garlic butter and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle the oregano, parsley and parmesan cheese over the knots and toss to coat. Set on a plate and scrape any remaining butter onto the knots using a rubber spatula!