- 1 Cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup Granulated white sugar
- 4 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 3 lemons, zested
For the Lemon syrup:
- 3/4 Cup Powdered sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons
For the Glaze:
- 1 Cup Powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- the oven to 350ºF and grease a 10 cup bundt pan.
- Cream the softened butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl with a handheld electric
mixer (or Kitchen Aid).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Whisk in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold together, taking care not to overmix.
- Add the lemon zest to the mixture and fold in gently.
- Transfer the cake batter to the Bundt pan and smooth over the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon syrup by combining the powdered sugar and lemon juice to a small saucepan set over a low heat. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by half.
- Remove the cake from the oven and poke several holes with a round skewer. Pour the syrup on top of the cake. Leave the cake to completely cool in the Bundt pan. It will soak up all the lemon syrup as it cools.
- Prepare the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a small dish.
- Turn out the cake from the Bundt pan and use a spoon or small jug to pour the glaze on top.