Roasted red peppers, chick peas, tahini, lemon, garlic and spices is all you need to make the most delicious, crazy creamy hummus ever!
- 2 Organic Red Bell Peppers
- 1 (15 oz) Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed, skins removed
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Organic Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 3 Cloves Organic Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Dried Cumin
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts (optional garnish)
- Cut the peppers in half and deseed. Toss them in a little olive oil to coat. Place them on a baking sheet and broil on the 1st rack until completely blackened. Or if weather permits, grill them on high heat until charred. Once done, place a large glass bowl over them to steam for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the peppers and chop them into large chunks. Set aside approx 1/4 – 1/2 cup to chop up finely for garnish when serving.
- Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt and cumin to a food processor. Pulse until the beans are a smooth consistency (1-2 minutes), scraping the sides down once or twice.
- Add the peppers until smooth and drizzle the oil through the top while on high. You can add water or more oil if the hummus seems too thick.
- Serve in a bowl or platter and make an indentation to pour some fresh olive oil into and the chopped up peppers and pine nuts.