Shaved Brussel sprouts with bacon, apples, dried cranberries and nuts in a simple honey mustard and apple vinaigrette.
- 9 oz bag of Organic Brussel Sprouts (or fresh)
- 2 Slices Extra Thick No Nitrate Bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/2 Organic Apple, diced
- 1/4 Cup Organic Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Honey Roasted Pecans
- Chunks of fresh Parmesan Cheese
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Apple Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Creamy Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon Grainy Dijon (Grey Poupon)
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- Trim the ends off the Brussel sprouts and remove any dead leaves. Shave the sprouts either in a food processor or with a sharp knife.
- Add the sprouts to a large bowl along with the bacon, diced apples, nuts and cranberries.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
CHEESE STUFFED BLACK BEAN BURGER