A homemade enchilada sauce that’s ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if using boxed broth taste first before adding)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over med/low heat. Add the flour and whisk for approx. 1 minute
- Add all the spices and stir.
- Gradually and slowly add the broth, whisking to prevent any lumps.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until enchilada sauce thickens.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.