Pan frying is the messiest and highest calorie way to cook meatballs, baking them is simple and we have trick to keeping them super moist!
- 2 lbs Ground Beef (80%-20%)
- 1/3 cup Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 – 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Warm Beef Broth (or water)
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of Parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a small sauté pan, over low heat, cook the onions in a little olive oil until they are soft and translucent, approximately 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more. Set aside and let cool.
- Place the ground been in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, breadcrumbs, then the cooled onions and garlic. Using your hands as claws, combine the meat with the other ingredients until loosely combined. Add some of the warm broth and continue to combine until all the ingredients are blended in. You may use some or all of the broth.
- Again, using your hands, scoop out some of the meat and being to shape and roll into the desired size meatball and place on the baking sheet. Continue until all the meat has been used.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, turning once.
- Continue cooking the meatballs in your favorite sauce.