All the freshness of summer goes bounding though in this simple yet elegant weeknight dish. Fresh ripe tomatoes and basil are the inspiration of this dish, yet somehow it gets even better when infused in a garlic butter sauce.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2–3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh tomatoes, chopped (roma, big, cherry, grape and sundried are all great choices)
- 2 teaspoons Fresh garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp Cold Butter
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, torn or largely chopped
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for garnish
- 1/2 a box of Thin spaghetti, cooked
- Prepare the chicken by flattening it with a mallet for even cooking and seasoning with some salt and pepper.
- Sauté the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat in about 2 Tablespoons of oil.
- Cook the chicken until it is 3/4 of the way cooked. You will see the edges and sides turn a light brown as the large pink area turns white. This will give great color and flavor to the chicken.
- Flip the chicken over – add in all the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the butter and allow to melt a bit before adding the garlic.
- Lastly, add the fresh basil.
- Serve over cooked pasta and garnish with some Parmesan cheese.