- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 8 oz. Button mushrooms, chopped and diced
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Full fat Coconut milk
- 2 – 3 Cups Vegetable broth
- ½ Cup cooked Quinoa*
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- A pinch of: dried thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, coriander, salt and pepper
- Additional sautéed mushrooms to garnish
!FOR THE QUINOA:
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 3/4 Cups water or Vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan over low/medium heat, sauté the diced onions and carrots with a Tablespoon or two of olive oil, until the onions become soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until their liquid has been reabsorbed. Additional oil (or broth) may be added if needed.
- Add all the spices and flour. Stir to coat until the flour is incorporated.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until all vegetables are soft (approx 10-15 min).
- Finally, add the coconut milk and cooked quinoa and heat through until all the coconut milk is incorporated and hot.
!FOR THE QUINOA:
- Place the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer. Rinse thoroughly under cool, running water. Rub the quinoa with your hand while rinsing. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the drained quinoa and cook, stirring constantly, to let the water evaporate and toast the quinoa, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the water or broth and the salt. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes, covered.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.