Going to a restaurant can be a daunting task when you take a look at the myriad of choices on the menu.
You start by glancing at the appetizers, which on average can contain more calories and fat then the entrée itself. Not to mention trying to avoid all the succulent smells permeating the restaurant persuading you to make bad choices. You decide to skip right over the burger portion of the menu to where you would think would be a healthier option.
Nothing saddens me more than taking a salad and adding so many fattening, artery clogging ingredients that take it from a good choice to one of the worst choices!
Take a look at the Top 10 Worst Salads that I’ve been investigating at some of the major chains and see if one of your favorites made the list:
1. Panera Bread Chicken & Avocado Cobb Salad
2. Costco Chicken Caesar Salad
3. Taco Bell Beef Fiesta Taco Salad
4. Red Robin Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad
5. Red Robin Crispy Chicken Tender Salad
Fat: 92g ( NINETY TWO GRAMS OF FAT!!! SERIOUSLY???)
6. Applebee’s Southwest “Fiesta” Salad
(this is WITHOUT added sour cream, salsa or guacamole)
7. Bob Evan’s Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
8. TGIF’s Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad
9. Cheesecake Factory’s Grilled Chicken Tostada Salad
Fat: 15gr (this is SATURATED fat as we couldn’t find the TOTAL gr of fat anywhere!)
10. California Pizza Kitchen’s Caramelized Peach with Salmon Salad
Sodium: 1120mgSo were any of your favorites on this list? Did some of them shock you as much as they shocked me?
Leave a Reply