A gluten free, flourless brownie that is over the top chocolately and gooey. A word of caution: a large glass of milk will be needed
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips (you can break up a full size bar also)
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch (or Arrowroot)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter an 8×8 square baking pan and then sprinkle about 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder in it and hit the pan on all sides so it has a nice coating of powder. Set the pan aside.
- In a very small bowl combine the cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt (if you are using salted butter, then just omit the salt in this step). Set aside.
- In a saucepan over very low heat, slowly melt the butter ~ add chocolate chips and let them melt completely.
- Stir the sugar into the melted chocolate & butter in 3 stages and stir to combine each time.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the vanilla – stir to combine.
- Using a whisk, add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Finally, add the mixed cornstarch and cocoa powder to the chocolate and stir.
- Pour into your greased pan and bake it on the middle rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 30.8 gr
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Fat: 20.5 gr
- Saturated Fat: 13.9 gr
- Carbohydrates: 39.4 gr
- Fiber: 2 gr.
- Cholesterol: 91 mg