A flourless, gluten free brownie made with very little sugar that packs a chocolate punch!
When I say these brownies are gluten free what I am saying is there is NO FLOUR whatsoever. These brownies are the moistest and CHOCOLATEest brownies I’ve ever tasted.
I will warn you ahead of time that when you remove a huge component like flour from a baked good it intensifies the rest of the ingredients, like the chocolate. So a HUGE glass of milk is required. But they are ohhhhhhh so good!
I lightly buttered an 8×8 pan and sprinkled a little cocoa powder on the bottom of it before pouring the batter in. This helps prevent it from sticking. You can also use parchment paper if you choose. I cut them into 16 small squares.
11-18 UPDATE: It seems some of you were having trouble with this recipe and I think the problem came in with combining the eggs while the heat was still on the stove. Scrambled was a popular word!
So if you made these brownies BEFORE 11-18-14 and they didn’t come out the way you expected, I encourage you to try them again. The recipe has been updated to reflect the changes I made.Print
A gluten free, flourless brownie that is over the top chocolately and gooey. A word of caution: a large glass of milk will be needed
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Organic Butter
- 12 oz Organic Chocolate Chips (you can break up a full size bar also)
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch (or Arrowroot)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 Large Organic Eggs (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly butter an 8×8 square baking pan and then sprinkle about 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder in it and hit the pan on all sides so it has a nice coating of powder. Set the pan aside.
- In a very small bowl combine the cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt (if you are using salted butter, then just omit the salt in this step). Set aside.
- In a saucepan over very low heat, slowly melt the butter ~ add chocolate chips and let them melt completely.
- Stir the sugar into the melted chocolate & butter in 3 stages and stir to combine each time.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the vanilla – stir to combine.
- Using a whisk, add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Finally, add the mixed cornstarch and cocoa powder to the chocolate and stir.
- Pour into your greased pan and bake it on the middle rack of your oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post
All nutrition information is approximate:
Calories 194.5; Fat 12.1 gr; Cholesterol 54 mg; Sodium 132 mg; Carbs 23 gr; Fiber .5gr; Sugar 18.3 gr; Protein 3 gr
- Serving Size: 16 servings
Recipe Adapted From: Martha Stewart