These flourless gluten-free chocolate brownies are the perfect dessert choice for anyone looking to cater to dietary restrictions without sacrificing taste. By using rich, decadent chocolate and a fudgy texture, these brownies satisfy people with a gluten allergy and even those without.
We found out our daughter had a gluten intolerance when she was in elementary school and I was making anything and everything under the sun to make her feel like she wasn’t missing out. Her stomach doesn’t seem to bother her as much now that she’s older and has more control over what she eats, but these brownies remain a family favorite. I’ve been making them this way for several years and don’t plan to stop anytime soon.
These amazing chocolate brownies do not contain any flour, which means they are safe for those with a gluten allergy to consume. They are decadent, so full of chocolate flavor, dense and fudgy. I will pre warn you – they are REALLY chocolatey.
To make these delicious flourless gluten-free chocolate brownies, you’ll need a handful of pantry ingredients:
- 12 oz. of chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
How to Make Flourless Brownies
- Begin by lightly buttering an 8×8 pan and sprinkling a little cocoa powder on the bottom and hitting the pan around to evenly coat it. This helps prevent the batter to sticking to the pan and the chocolate cocoa powder is the same color as the brownies so no one will know you dusted it. You can also use parchment paper if you choose as an alternative.
- Combine the cornstarch, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat until fully melted. Add the sugar.
- This next step is important – take the pan OFF the heat before adding the vanilla and the eggs. It’s very easy to scramble the eggs here so having them at ROOM TEMPERATURE is important.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve!
More Gluten Free Desserts:
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE BROWNIE RECIPE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT board!
A gluten free, flourless brownie that is over the top chocolately and gooey. A word of caution: a large glass of milk will be needed
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips (you can break up a full size bar also)
- ⅓ Cup Cornstarch (or Arrowroot)
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs (ROOM TEMPERATURE)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter an 8×8 square baking pan and then sprinkle about 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder in it and hit the pan on all sides so it has a nice coating of powder. Set the pan aside.
- In a very small bowl combine the cornstarch, cocoa powder and salt (if you are using salted butter, then just omit the salt in this step). Set aside.
- In a saucepan over very low heat, slowly melt the butter ~ add chocolate chips and let them melt completely.
- Stir the sugar into the melted chocolate & butter in 3 stages and stir to combine each time.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the vanilla – stir to combine.
- Using a whisk, add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each one.
- Finally, add the mixed cornstarch and cocoa powder to the chocolate and stir.
- Pour into your greased pan and bake it on the middle rack of your oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 30.8 gr
- Sodium: 159 mg
- Fat: 20.5 gr
- Saturated Fat: 13.9 gr
- Carbohydrates: 39.4 gr
- Fiber: 2 gr.
- Cholesterol: 91 mg