This baked chicken recipe will change everything you thought about dried out baked chicken forever. This chicken is so moist, so infused with garlic it’s outstanding.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half vertically and lightly pounded to even out (resulting in 4 large cutlets – you may want to cut them in half for smaller portions)
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking oil and set aside.
- Take each chicken breast and slice it in half the long ways to thin them out. Place a cutlet between wax paper and pound gently with a mallet slightly to even the breasts out. This will help the chicken cook more evenly. Season on both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Using a pair of tongs, dip each chicken breast and into the oil, coat both sides. Place it in the dish with the breadcrumbs and gently pat down to coat.
- Arrange the chicken in the baking dish and drizzle all over with the melted butter.
- Bake on the middle shelf, uncovered, for approximately 15-20 minutes depending on thickness. Turn the broiler on and move the chicken to the 2nd shelf down. Broil for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes.