There’s no need to fry your chicken to get crispy, crunchy and tender chicken cutlets. This Baked Garlic Chicken is dipped in garlic infused oil, breaded and then baked and is simply out of this world delicious!
You have my absolute promise that these Baked Garlic Chicken Cutlets come out just as crispy as if you pan cooked them in oil. And because they are cooked in the oven, they come out juicy and tender on the inside and not dried out and half burnt on the outside.
Warm oil infused with garlic replaces eggs to bind the breadcrumbs to the chicken. It is then baked with butter drizzled over it resulting in the most amazing chicken you’ll ever eat.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- To get started on making these mouth-watering baked garlic you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Ensure that they are about the same size and pounded to an even thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Next, you’ll need garlic, the star of the show! Fresh garlic cloves will give your cutlets an unbeatable flavor.
- You’ll also need some seasonings, breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give the cutlets that crispy and crunchy texture.
How to Make Baked Garlic chicken breasts
- Begin by warming the oil in a pan and adding the minced garlic, cooking ONLY until it’s fragrant. This will only take between 30 seconds – 1 minute. The point isn’t to cook the garlic, but to infuse the oil with the garlic flavor.
- Dip each cutlet quickly in the oil, front and back. Dip the chicken in the breadcrumbs on both sides, patting down so they stick and lay the chicken in a baking dish. Do this with all the remaining breasts.
- Lastly, drizzle the chicken with the melted butter and bake until done.
- Rosemary and garlic pair very nicely together, which is why these Roasted Rosemary Red Potatoes are my first choice for a side with this chicken recipe. They usually cook at 375°F, so I meet both recipes in the middle and cook them at 400°F.
- For a rice side dish, my family can’t resist this Cheesy Broccoli Rice.
- For something a little more indulgent, try our Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese – it’s amazing.
BAKED GARLIC CHICKEN RECIPE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER board!
This baked chicken recipe will change everything you thought about dried out baked chicken forever. This chicken is so moist, so infused with garlic it’s outstanding.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half vertically and lightly pounded to even out (resulting in 4 large cutlets – you may want to cut them in half for smaller portions)
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking oil and set aside.
- Take each chicken breast and slice it in half the long ways to thin them out. Place a cutlet between wax paper and pound gently with a mallet slightly to even the breasts out. This will help the chicken cook more evenly. Season on both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When it begins to shimmer, add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
- Using a pair of tongs, dip each chicken breast and into the oil, coat both sides. Place it in the dish with the breadcrumbs and gently pat down to coat.
- Arrange the chicken in the baking dish and drizzle all over with the melted butter.
- Bake on the middle shelf, uncovered, for approximately 15-20 minutes depending on thickness. Turn the broiler on and move the chicken to the 2nd shelf down. Broil for 1 ½ – 2 minutes.