Simply the best basic chicken marinade out there! Be sure to reserve at least 1/4 cup to pour over the cooked chicken.
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except the olive oil.
- Drizzle in the oil very slowly while whisking very quickly until emulsified. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- Put the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Let the chicken rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken over med/high heat turning over when the chicken looks 3/4 of the way cooked through to get nice grill marks. Flip and cook until juices run clear.
- Pour remaining marinade on top before serving.