- 2 Cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Carrot, shredded
- 4–5 Mushrooms, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Begin by draining and rinsing the beans. Set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté them until the onions have become translucent and the mushrooms have released all their liquid. Add the garlic and carrots and sauté another 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Combine 3/4 of the beans, oats, tomato paste, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a food processor and pulse until mashed.
- Add the sautéed onions and mushroom, pulsing to the desired consistency. Add the remaining 1/4 of beans and pulse 1 or 2 times leaving some texture to them.
- Scoop out between 3/4 cup of the bean mixture and form into a ball. Place the ball on a piece of wax paper. Do this 3 more times.
- Place another piece of wax paper over the patty and flatten using the back of measuring cup or small plate to the desired thickness.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Remove the burgers from the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat until warm. Coat with a little oil and place the burgers on the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top with caramelized onions, guacamole, avocado, lettuce, dressing, tomatoes, sprouts.