A creamy delicious cheddar cheese soup with bits of broccoli. Perfect for a low carb/keto lifestyle
- 1/4 Cup Organic Onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Organic Carrot, shredded
- 1 Clove Organic Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Grass Fed Butter
- 1 Tablespoon whole wheat (or white whole wheat) flour
- 1 Cup Organic Chicken Broth, warm
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Organic Broccoli, chopped in small pieces
- 1 Cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, warmed
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Organic Cheddar Cheese (sharp or mild)
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper)
- Begin by melting the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and saute until they soften – approx. 3-4 min. Season with a little salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the flour and whisk for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Slowly add the warmed chicken broth and water allowing the soup come to a boil. Turn the stove down to low or even take it off the heat entirely when adding the cream. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the cream cheese and slowly add the cheddar cheese about 1/4 cup at a time, ensuring it has completely melted before adding any more.
- Add the broccoli and taste for seasonings. Let the soup simmer 10 min or until broccoli softens.