Every cook needs a staple recipe and this one is it ! A versatile garlic and butter sauce that uses few ingredients and comes together in minutes.
- 1 /3 Cup Butter
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Whole wheat white flour
- 1 Cup Whole milk
- pinch of dried oregano, basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Don’t let it sizzle or burn. Once it begins to melt, take it off the heat and swirl the pan to allow the butter to continue to melt. Once fully melted, add the garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the flour and stir for 1 minute to cook off any raw flour taste.
- Slowly, add about 1/4 of the milk, whisking constantly. Add the rest, whisking, then the spices. Continue cooking for a few minutes until thick. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve over your favorite ravioli, steak, fish or chicken.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 2.8 gr
- Sodium: 139 mg
- Fat: 17.4 gr
- Carbohydrates: 7 gr
- Fiber: .2 gr
- Protein: 2.7 gr
- Cholesterol: 50 gr