Every cook needs a staple recipe and this one is it ! A versatile garlic and butter sauce that uses few ingredients and comes together in minutes.
- 1 /3 Cup Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Whole wheat white flour
- 1 Cup Whole milk, warmed
- pinch of dried oregano, basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it begins to melt, take it off the heat and swirl the pan to allow the butter to continue to melt. Once the butter is fully melted, add the garlic and cook for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute to cook off any raw flour taste.
- Slowly, whisk in the milk, a little at a time.
- Add the spices and continue cooking over a very low heat for a few minutes until thick. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve over your favorite ravioli, steak, fish or chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 2.8 gr
- Sodium: 139 mg
- Fat: 17.4 gr
- Carbohydrates: 7 gr
- Fiber: .2 gr
- Protein: 2.7 gr
- Cholesterol: 50 gr