A deliciously addictive appetizer with beans, corn, avocado with a burst of lime!
- 1 (15 oz) can Black Beans (preferably no salt)
- 2 ears of Corn (grilled outside with a little butter, salt and pepper adds TONS of flavor)
- 1 Bell Pepper (I used red, yellow and green)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Shallot
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion
- 1 Large Avocado
- 5–6 Grape Tomatoes sliced in quarters
FOR THE VINIAGRETTE:
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped fine (or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- Combine the corn, peppers, garlic, shallots, red onion and avocado in a bowl.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the beans and add them.
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a small measuring cup or bowl and pour over the beans and corn.
- Mix and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Cal 164; Total Fat 9.8 gr; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 433 mg; Pot 350 mg; Carb 17.3 gr; Fiber 4.2 gr; Sugar 3.3 gr; Protein 3.9 gr